Samasos for Ramadan
Samosas have been a very popular snack in the South Asian countries for centuries. In Pakistan samosas are popular as well. They are served as a tea time snack and as a appetizer. In ramadaan iftaar table looks uncompleted without the platter of samosas. Mostly samosas are deep fried but people on dieting or patient restricted to oil can also bake them. Samosas are traditionally accompanied with different chutnies. There are many varities of samosas but the dough recipe of all samosas is almost same. Samosas are usually filled with minced meat, potato, mixed vegetables, sweet filling (dry fruits khoya and sugar), mixed lentils and vegetables etc. A distinct variety of samosa which is only available in karachi is known as Kaghazi Samosa becaues of its thin and crispy covering. Among different snacks of rainy season samosa is one of the most popular one. http://blush.com.pk/category/food/
Recipe Of Qeema Or Minced Meat Samosa:
Ingredients For Filling:
- Minced meat 250 grams (mutton aur beef)
- Oil 2 tablespoon
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala (all spices) 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Termaric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Green chillies 2 medium size chopped
- Coriander leaves 2 tablespoon chopped
- Mint leaves 1 tablespoon chopped
- Onion 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
Ingredients For Dough:
- Flour 2 cups
- Ghee 4 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Baking powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Water to knead
- Oil for deep frying
Method Of Filling:
- In a pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
- First of all fry onion in the oil for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add ginger paste and garlic paste to it.
- Then add minced meat, salt, red chilli powder, termaric powder, garam masala powder and cook on a low flame till the minced meat is tendar.
- Now turn off the flame and then add chopped green chillies, coriander leaves, mint leaves and lemon juice.
Method of Dough:
- In a bowl add flour, baking soda, ghee and salt.
- Gradually add water and knead well to make a hard dough.
- Keep the dough aside for 15 to 20 minutes and then make small size balls of the dough.
Method Of Filling Samosa:
- Make thin round chappaties of the dough balls then cut it into two pices from the center.
- Make a cone shape of each half chappati and fill with the minced meat mixture.
- Seal the edges with egg white.
- Make all the samaosas in the same way.
- Heat oil and deep fry all the samosas on medium flame till golden brown.
- Remove them from oil and place on kitchen tissue to absorb extra oil.
Serve these delicious minced meat samosas along with any chutny like green chiili chutny, tamarind chutny, ketchup or yougurt raita etc. Enjoy this delicious recipe in any season specially in ramadaan.