Sandwich Recipes: Salami and Tomato Sandwich on Rye Bread
Instead of stuffing yourself with a greasy slice of pizza why not have a delicious sandwich instead. With many sandwich recipes and options out there I love making a salami and tomato sandwich with melted cheese on top. Not a lot of ingredients go into this sandwich but it still tastes so good. And I prefer it to a slice of greasy pizza any day.
I never get tired of eating this sandwich and with many different cold cut meats and cheeses out there there is always something different on the plate.
- Toasted Rye Bread
- Slices of tomato
- Avocado (optional)
- Hard Boiled Egg (optional)
- Dried Basil
- Take two slices of fresh rye bread and toast them for a few minutes. Spread some mayonnaise on top of each piece of toasted rye bread.
- Add a few slices of salami to the bread, followed by a few slices of tomato and sprinkle with dried basil.
- Add your favorite slice of cheese or some shredded cheese on top of the sandwich and place on a plate. Put the plate into the microwave and cook until the cheese melts.
- Wash an avocado, cut a few slices, remove the skin and place on the plate next to the sandwich. Enjoy!
There are other ingredients that you can add to the salami and tomato sandwich, whether on the side or on the sandwich itself
- Hard Boiled Egg
- Slices of avocado
- Sprouts - alfalfa, broccoli, radish, etc.