You Can Always Chill With Cheesecake!
All about cheesecake!
Cheesecakes, as we all know, has different kinds and styles. From restaurants, to coffee shops, to ordinary stalls at malls, and even in our homes, this type of cake has always been a popular preference.
I am elated to share to you how to make the best Cheesecake that could blow your mind! The process is very simple and I assure you that you will be able to achieve a smooth and creamy cake texture in the end.
But first, let me tell you where this cheesecake recipe originated. According to history, cheesecake originated in Ancient Greece. It has been described as a sweet dessert consisting of one or more layers. The main part, which has the thickest layer, consists of a mixture of soft, fresh cheese, eggs, and sugar. While the bottom layer is made up of a crust made from crushed cookies, graham crackers, pastry, or sometimes sponge cake.
This type of cake is also the favorite kind of dessert that my family would usually crave during special events. We normally use blueberry and mango spread when making one. This has been our favorite dessert since the time it was introduced to us by my mom.
Just a tip, when you plan to serve a cheesecake during special occasions, make sure you begin preparing the cheesecake a day before the event. This will allow the cake to settle well and it is always best to serve this cake after it has been chilled.
For the crust:
- 2 1/3 cups graham cracker, crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the filling:
- 4 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1 16-ounce sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the toppings:
- 1/3 cup all-fruit blueberry spread
You can use mango spread or mango slices as toppings.
- How to make the crust: Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325°F (160C). Wrap outside of 10-inch-diameter spring-form pan with heavy-duty foil. Combine all ingredients in processor. Blend using on/off turns just until crumbs are moist. Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom and 2 inches up sides of prepared pan.
- To make filling: Using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until will blended. Put in the flour. Add the eggs 1 at a time and continue to beat until well blended. After which, put in the sour cream, milk and vanilla. Once the mixture is ready, pour the said filling into crust. You can spread evenly the top most portion using a spatula.
- Bake cheesecake until the top is slightly puffed and golden brown for about 1 hour. Let cheesecake stand and cool down in the oven for atleast 30 minutes to one hour. Once ready, you can now remove cheesecake from the oven. Refrigerate the cheesecake. I suggest you refrigerate it overnight.
- Now we will put the toppings! Stir blueberry spread in large skillet over low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Spoon blueberry mixture over top of cake, spreading evenly. Chill until cold, at least 1 hour or up to 3 hrs. You can also add some fresh blueberries if you like.
- Use a small sharp knife around sides of cake to loosen. Release pan sides slowly. Transfer cake to platter. Cut into wedges. Serve and enjoy!
It's fun to bake a cheesecake!
So this is how I do cheesecake at home. May it be a blueberry one or a mango, it would normally follow the same procedure. Just make sure to serve it chilled so as not to destroy the texture of the cake as it will become very soft when not properly chilled.
I find baking fun and consider it as my creative outlet from my life outside my home. Doing this hobby as part of my weekend routine gives me a feeling of fulfillment as well as happiness knowing that I can share this to my family. It gives me satisfaction seeing others enjoy it and the pleasure I would receive from them has boost my confidence giving me determination to do more.
Try making your own cheesecake now and experience the flavorsome goodness that you would always crave for!