Scrambled Eggs and Kale
Don't fear the kale! With this dish you can enjoy kale.
- 3 cups Kale
- 1/4 lb Slab bacon, diced
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Oregano, fresh
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese
- Remove center veins from kale and chop kale. Blanch leaves in boiling salt water for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate frying pan, add bacon, onion, garlic and mushrooms and cook until the bacon is cooked and the onion is tender. Drain grease except for about 2 Tbsp.
- Add kale and cook until tender.
- Scramble eggs and add to kale mixture. Add oregano, salt and pepper
- As the eggs begin to set, add cheese.
- Serve hot with toast.