Scrumptious Seven Layer Salad
Seven Layer Salad
A Delicious Get Together Salad
This salad is layer after layer of crunchy vegetable goodness with a mayonnaise based dressing and topped with yummy bacon. Some people substitute chopped boiled eggs or celery for the tomato layer. You could actually add both and make a yummy nine layer salad. Either way this is a great way to get in ample servings of vegetables in a great side item. It is amazing with pork loin or grilled chicken. This salad is a good addition to any family get together or potluck dinner.
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, fresh, diced
- 1 cup Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 can early English peas, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 8 oz package sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 4 oz bags real bacon bits
- Chop lettuce into bite size pieces and place them in the bottom of a large glass salad bowl.
- Add the next layer -- chopped tomatoes. Next add the onion layer.
- In a small bowl, mix the English peas, sugar, and the mayonnaise together. Layer it on top of the onions.
- Spread the cheese on top of the mayonnaise layer.
- Crumble the bacon on top of the cheese. Let it set for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Serve chilled. Yummy!