- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Sam Tumblin "Seafood Cabbage Roll"
I love cabbage I can eat it smothered, coleslaw, or even raw. Cabbage is a vegetable that is very healthy and good to eat. Well if you love cabbage and you love seafood let’s bring both these elements together and make a seafood cabbage roll. Try this recipe and you will never think of these two as separate again!
Seafood Cabbage Roll
- 15-20 CABBAGE LEAVES, SEPERATED
- 2 POUND SHRIMP, PEELED, AND CLEANED
- 2 POUND CRAWFISH TAIL, PEELED, AND CLEANED
- 1 TBS. GARLIC, DICED
- 2 TBS. GREEN ONION, DICED
- 1 ONION, DICED
- 2 TBS. BUTTER, MELTED
- 1 TBS. SALT
- 2 TBS. CAYENNE PEPPER
- 1 CUP LONG GRAIN RICE
- 1 CUP CHICKEN BROTH
- 1 TOMATO, 6 OZ.
- 1 TOMATO PASTE, 6 OZ.
- Preheat oven 375°. Mix shrimp, crawfish, onion, garlic, green onion, salt, long grain rice, and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl. Take the large outer core cabbage leaves and submerge into a pot of boiling water for about three minutes. Now take the leaves out of the water and spoon the mixture evenly amongst the leaves. Now form each one into a roll and arrange them in a large baking pan. Next in a separate bowl place chicken broth, tomato paste and tomato sauce and give it a thorough mix and add this to the sides of your baking pan. Cook rolled cabbage on 375° for about an hour and thirty minutes. Enjoy!