Seven 7 and Five 5 Layer Dip Recipe Easy Low Fat Cheese Option
Seven Layer Dip
Seven Layer Dip is truly a must have dip for any get together. Whether watching a sports game at home or a get together with friends, this is so good and so perfect. Many think that it s hard to make because of the layers, but this dip is so easy to make your friends and family will ask again and again for it.
What you will need for the 7 layer is:
- Re-fried Beans
- Sour Cream
- Taco Seasoning
- Cream Cheese (softened)
- Onion (yellow, chives, white, the choice is yours)
- Green Peppers
- Black Olives (drained)
- Lettuce (Iceberg if available)
- Cheddar Cheese
Of course the ultimate choice is yours for what ingrediants you prefer. I actually cook hamburgerand mix it in with the beans, but again that is your choice. For this recipe I will avoid the hamburger but it makes a more Taco taste if desired.
Alright, let's make DIP! Find a serving platter or dish to hold your dip. Try to use one at least 4 inches thick and as long as you need, depending how many you are serving.
- In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and re-fried beans
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the bottom of your serving dish
- Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a bowl
- Spread this mixture over the re-fried beans evenly
- Chop lettuce and sprinkle over the cream cheese layer
- Drip the lettuce layer with salsa
- Chop tomato, green pepper, onions over the layer of salsa
- Top with cheddar cheese and sprinkle with black olives
Add a tortilla chip for your guests to lift and devour that dip and your ready to go! I suggest Tostitos Scoop Tortilla Chips, they are so ggod and really hold the weight of the dip.
5 Layer Dip
This is where it is tricky, you see, there really is no difference between the 5 layer dip and the 7 layer dip. The only difference is how many layers you make. The ingrediants are the same and so is the taste, so it's really about how creative you want to be!
Low Fat Dip
These days we are all to consumed with calories and high-fat. The great news is that you don't have to skimp on the things you love just to lower the calories.
The ingredients in the 5/7 layered dip can be lowered in their fat content by buying the ingredients in low-fat. Sour Cream, Cream Cheese and Cheddar Cheese can all be purchased as low-fat. I recently saw re-fried beans that were low in fat as well. (never thought I'd see that) - but the point is that we don't have to pay for our indulgences with added calories and fat. The option is there to eat smart without jeopardizing taste. So enjoy it!