Recipe Category and Cuisine
Recipe Category : Indian dessert sweet dish
Recipe Cuisine : Hyderabad
- 6 White Bread, slices
- 2 Ghee, Tablespoons
- 2 Milk, Cups
- 4 Sugar, Tablespoons
- 3-4 Crushed, Threads
- 1 Khoya/Mawa, Cup
- ½ Green cardamom powder, Teaspoon
- 1 Cudpahnuts, tablespoon
- 15 Cashewnut, Chopped
- A few drops Rose essence, Liquid
- 8-10 Almonds, Chopped
- 1 Edible silver foil, Sheet
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Remove the crust from bread slices and cut each slice diagonally into two. Arrange them on a baking tray, brush ghee on them and toast them in the preheated oven for twenty minutes or till they become golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile heat the milk with sugar and ron in a non-stick pan. Reduce heat and continue to simmer for twelve to fifteen minutes or till it is reduced to three-fourtn its original volume.
- Add the crumbled khoya, cardamom powder and half the cashew nuts and half the cudpahnuts Remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Add the rose essence.
- Take the bread out of the oven and spoon thickened milk on them. Sprinkle the almonds, remaining cashew nuts and cudpahnuts and bake for further fifteen minutes.
- Decorate with silver foil and serve warm or cold.
© 2020 Suyog Rane