- Food and Cooking»
Sherbert Ice Cream Punch recipe
I found this recipe in an old woman's club cookbook. I have quite a collection, I like them for the quirky recipes and old-fashioned writing. This punch is supposed to be suitable for a church social or woman's club gathering .It doesn't say anything about keeping it cold, but it would probably be a good idea. It is sort of like a ice cream float, but the addition of sherbert much change the flavor quite a bit.
- 10 1/2 cups chilled pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 pints orange sherbert
- 3 3/4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 4 1/2 cups chilled ginger ale
- This needs to be made immediately before serving and served in a chilled bowl.
- Combine juice, ice cream and sherbert. Beat well.
- Gently stir in ginger ale and serve immediately.