SOS - SHlT ON A SHINGLE
- 4 1⁄2 oz. Chipped Beef, ( I use Hormel dried beef)
- 2 cups Milk
- 6 slices White bread
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- Optional side dish Hash Browns
- Melt butter in pan, add chipped beef.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Add milk (reserve 1⁄4 cup for later), salt & pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Mix flour and remaining milk together.
- Slowly add to boiling mixture until it begins to thicken. (If it thickens too much then turn the heat down a bit and add a little more milk. remember to stir.)
- Serve over toast.