- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Shrimp Scampy With Linguine
Was hungry and decided to cook an old recipe that could go with everything, like grandma used to say. Depending on your time, you can cook this recipe in 30-40 minutes depending on the pre cooking.
- 1 pound of linguine
- 4 tablespoons of butter. Set aside more
- 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 shallots or scallions, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes, optional if you don't like it too hot
- 1 pound of shrimps, carefully peeled.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- This Recipe is FOR 4-6 SERVINGS
Boil a large pot on the stove(for the pasta). When hot enough, add 2 tablespoons of salt and the linguini. Be careful, and watch the pasta separation, stir and let it settle. If you want to add a spoon of butter, it would be fine. Cover and wait for 6-8 minutes. We don't want it completely done....if you understand why. By the time we serve it, we need it to be consistent and not soggy. Drain the pasta as any other. and keep it safe.
On the other side, get an skillet on medium high heat for the shrimp. Add 2 tablespoons of butter plus another 2 tablespoons of olive oil. I'm hungry already man! Next Saute the Scallions and the red pepper(optional), add the parsley and garlic...stir like a 'ramen soup chef.' Look for the Scallions getting thin and shiny, probably will take 3 or 4 minutes.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. We add jalapenos when needed, but is your choice!
Add the Shrimps to the skillet and keep mixing and stirring. Your dish is almost done. You just need to clean your sweat. put aside the Shrimp cooked with the scallions and red peppers flakes. We Will use this pan again to boil the white wine plus 2 more spoons of butter and 2 spoons of oil. We do this in order to not spoil the cooked shrimp.
Finally after having this layer of white wine( 2minutes) and the melted butter, add the tender shrimps back and the linguine. stir with style and serve. Sizzling!!