- Food and Cooking
Simple Bone Soup Recipe
This recipe is so simple anyone can make it. All it takes is a few ingredients, a little patience and you will be pleasantly surprised.
You will need to go to your local butcher shop and get some pork neck bone. They are very cheap usually less than $2 per pound. I usually get 2 pieces and have the butcher chop them up into approx. 1 inch pieces. The rest of the ingredients are the following.
- Pork neck bone (3 pounds)
- Fresh ginger slices (4 or 5)
- Half a white turnip
- 3 Carrots
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
How to Make It
- Put neck bones in a large pot and fill with water.
- Add ginger and salt
- Bring to boil and then turn down to low heat
- Skim off the oil on top of boiling pot and discard.
- Cook for approx. 2 hours
- Peel turnip and carrots and slice to 1/2 inches thick chunks.
- Add turnip and carrots to the pot at the last 20 minutes of cooking.
How to Serve
Place some sesame oil and soy sauce on a plate. Dip the bone (meat) in sauce and enjoy. The soup is a clear white broth that contains lots of calcium. Very good natural supplement for old age.
This recipe is so simple and it is very economical. Total cost is less than $7 for 4 servings. You'll be surprised by the amount of meat in the bone. The meat will come off the bone so easily due to the slow cook process. Like Martha Stewart said "It's a good thing."