- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Simple & Fast Curry Chicken Salad
Try this quick and easy Mediterranean-inspired dish to dress up your summer menu! This dish goes deliciously as a side on top of greens, or stuffed in a pita smeared with hummus, or even as your contribution to a group picnic or office party served with wheat crackers. Try it, and love it!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1.5 oz raisins
- 1 tbsp mayonaise
- 1/4 cup cashews, crushed
- 2 tbsp. yellow curry powder, divided
- pinch salt
- Add chicken, mayonaise, cashews, and 1 tbsp. curry in large mixing bowl.
- In medium skillet heat olive oil. Add garlic and onions, cook until onions start to soften (about 3 minutes)
- add raisins, salt, and remaining curry powder to onions. let cook another 3-5 minutes stirring to keep from sticking. Add additional olive oil if the mixture is too dry. Then let sit for 3-5 minutes to cool.
- Add onion mixture to bowl and stir until ingredients are fully mixed. Salt & pepper to taste. Chill over night to marinade flavor.