- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Simple Vegetable Egg Noodles Recipe
I'd like to assume that everyone likes noodles but the truth is...not all! My husband, for example, is very picky when it comes to eating noodles. Noodles recipe is just not his kind. Well, sometimes I could indulge him to have a little because it's just one of my favorites. So one day I tried a simple noodle recipe with lots of vegetables because I know he likes trying and that when it comes to vegetables he just couldn't refuse to have them.
So, here's one simple and easy vegetable egg noodles recipe for everyone to try. I call it Simple Vegetable Egg Noodles. Simple because only salt and pepper, along with eggs make this recipe tastier. It has emphasis on 'vegetable' because this recipe is not just the usual egg noodles with a very few vegetables (can hardly find any) added on it but a noodle recipe that has tons of mixed vegetables which makes it more nutritious. You can add less vegetables though, if you like it better that way.
- 200 gm plain noodles
- 1/4 cup or 10 tbsp. oil
- 2 onion, medium size
- 2-3 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 bowl mixed vegetables (1 carrot, 1 capsicum, a few beans, 3 cabbage leaves)
- spring onion, chopped finely
- Wash all the vegetables and eggs. Keep aside.
- In a big and deep pan, bring 2 liters of water, 1 tsp. salt and 3 tbsp. oil to boil.
- While waiting for the water to boil, cut onions into small pieces. Do the same to the rest of the vegetables. (Set cabbage leaves aside for later use. Only the stalk goes with the other vegetables.)
- Once the water is boiled, add noodles. Stir to avoid noodles from sticking together. Wait for at least 2 minutes to check if they're not over boiled. To do this, take one noodle strand and cut. See if the center is no longer white and hard. If it's not, then it's ready. (Over-boiling the noodles is not a good idea).
- Drain the water. Drop a tbsp. of oil and mix to avoid sticking each other. Set aside.
- Heat a pan. Pour the rest of the oil. Once the oil is hot, fry onions till translucent.
- Add salt. Mix. Then break the egg directly in to the pan. Mix. When the eggs are already cooked, add 1 tsp. black pepper. Mix for a minute. Then add the cut vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes in high flame with constant stirring to avoid roasting the eggs and vegetables, although a little roasted eggs taste good.
- Lower the flame and add the noodles. Mix slowly to avoid breaking the noodles into pieces. You can use two forks to mix them. When everything is mixed together, add another teaspoon of black pepper and salt, if needed. Then add cabbage leaves (long and finely chopped).
- Cook in high flame for another two minutes with constant mixing. Taste.
- Sprinkle spring onion. Mix and your egg noodles recipe is ready to be served. It can be eaten with sweet'n'spicy sauce. Enjoy!