Fried Shrimp: An Easy Recipe
Frying shrimp is not that hard of a task. It is frankly quite simple. All you will need is a few awesome ingredients to get you started. After all, who doesn't love a easy and delicious plate of seafood?
Fried shrimp is a awesome comfort food that your children and family will love. Today, I will share with you how to make fried shrimp simple and hassle free. Now let's get started.
Ingredients- What you will need
- Colossal uncooked shrimp, salt, vegetable or canola oil
- Milk, all purpose flour
- Pepper, plain bread crumbs
- Eggs, season salt
- Place uncooked shrimp in a bowl of cold water add 1 tablespoon of salt to clean your seafood, let it sit for 20 minutes in the salt water solution
- After 20 minutes pour out contents of bowl and run cold water over shrimp for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl crack two eggs add 1/4 cup of milk to the mixer stir well and set aside.
- Pour 3/4 cup of flour into another bowl. Add a table spoon of black pepper and two tablespoons of season salt. Mix well.
- Pour 1/2 cup of bread crumps in a separate bowl.
- Take shrimp and place it in the flour mixture dust off excess flour, then place in the egg mixer and finally the bread crump mixer. Make sure to place one shrimp at a time into all three mixers. Place on a plate.
- Let the coated shrimp sit for ten minutes so it will fry well and none of the bread crumb mixer will come off during the frying process.
- In a frying pan heat oil for 5 minutes on medium heat. Slowly add shrimp. Cook shrimp until its tail turn orange or pink. When your shrimp has fully cooked, its skin should have a nice light brown color. Remove from oil once your shrimp has finished cooking. Let it cool off for five to ten minutes before serving.
Tips- Great Condiments
One of the best ways to serve fried shrimp is to add a spicy kick to your dish. Sriracha sauce is a good option for all spicy food lovers. Other great condiments that work well with fried shrimp are cocktail sauce, honey mustard, mango mayonnaise and barbecue sauce. Whatever your taste is you can never go wrong with a awesome dipping sauce. You can even add a great fruit salad to your dish for a healthy option to your meal. Nothing beats an awesome plate of fried shrimp.
This concludes my article on a simple fried shrimp recipe. Please, feel free to leave your comments below. As always, I look forward to hearing from you.