Simple Strawberry Mousse Cake
Simple Strawberry Summer Sweet
Summer often means more ice cream, and fresh fruit. It means goodbye to decadent baked cakes with fudgy frosting or the wafting scents of freshly baked cookies. Well, you could bake in summer, there's nothing against it, but... unless you want to roast literally in your own home. Though in summer, sometimes you want to have your cake and eat it, just without melting powers of the oven. Well, good news, you can. This is a very simple and cool recipe that is light yet creamy and will be sure to be a new favourite dessert for the summer.
- 300g strawberries, cleaned and chopped
- 300g white chocolate, melted
- 200ml heavy cream
- 300g cream cheese
- 70g butter, melted
- 200g digestive biscuits, pulverized
- Begin by mixing the pulverized digestive biscuits and melted butter together. Press down the mixture on a cake pan. That is the crust. Let it set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, puree the strawberries in a blender so that it is in a completely liquid state. Mix it in to a bowl with the cream and the cream cheese. Whip until it is smooth.
- Add the melted white chocolate to the mixture and fold it in well. Do not add any form of sugar. The chocolate has plenty sugar in it for this recipe.
- Pour the liquid mixture on top of the biscuit crust. Let it chill overnight in the fridge until it is completely set. Enjoy!