- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Simple To Make Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
Few things go better together than chocolate fudge and peanut butter.This brownie recipe is a family favorite, and one simple enough the kids can learn it young.
Prep and Bake Time
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or maple extract
- 2 medium eggs
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
- Soften (melt lightly) the butter or margarine.
- With a whisk combine to butter or margarine your sugar and vanilla or maple extract. Beat in eggs. Blend in cocoa powder. Stir in flour and then the peanut butter. Whisk all ingredients until this batter is well-blended and has a smooth, slightly shiny appearance.
- Pour this batter into greased 8x8x2 inch pan. Bake at 350degrees for 30-35 minutes. Brownies should be ready when they have pulled slightly away from the pan sides.
- Once out of the oven, allow brownies to sit at least ten minutes. Slice and serve.
*For a more hardcore fudge flavor you may try this: instead of using butter or margarine, use equal portion of liquid vegetable oil and shorten the baking time by three-five minutes.