- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Simple Easy Tuna Fish Cakes Recipe
This recipe is a very delicious way to use tuna. You can either use canned tuna or a tuna steak. Tuna is a good source of protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and minerals. It is a quick and easy to make recipe.
2 cans of tuna in water, use good quality tuna in chunks.
4 medium size potatoes
1 medium onion, very finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
a handful of chopped parsley
black pepper and salt to taste
4-5 Tablespoons of whole wheat flour
Oil for frying
1. Open tuna and drain all water.
2. Separate larger tuna chunks into small flakes.
3. Peel potatoes, cube them and boil in salted water until completely cooked.
4. When potatoes are done, drain the water and mash them.
5. Mix together tuna, potatoes, onion, egg, parsley, little bit of salt and pepper.
6. Form fish cakes, roll in flour and fry on low-medium heat on both sides until golden in color.