- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Simple Turkey Leftover Recipe Easy Rice Dinner
Tasty Turkey Leftover Dinner
There is always leftover turkey and depending upon how large your thanksgiving dinner turkey is and the number of guests that showed up determines how many days of turkey sandwiches are coming up. While Turkey sandwiches are always a delight, this simple leftover turkey dinner recipe with rice is simple and delicious on a cold late November day.
Turkey Minestrone Soup over Steamed Rice
Simple Rice and Turkey Left Overs
All that you need
- Turkey can be large slices or works great with all the little left over turkey chunks.
- 1 can of soup can be a minestrone, vegetable, chicken noodle, whatever you have in the cupboards.
- 1 cup of rice, more if you need to feed an extra person or two.
- Extra vegetables like carrots, celery, etc. can be added to make it better.
Place chunks of turkey in the soup with any veggies. If you need to add a little bit of water. Bring to a boil and simmer for a couple of minutes. You dont want it too be too soupy with water when served.
Place some rice on the plate either white or brown rice will work and then scoop out a couple of helpings. This is a simple easy left over turkey recipe that gives you a little variety from the oh so delicious turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce.
Rate Turkey and Soup on Rice
Roast A Turkey for the Leftover Meals
If you have never purchased a turkey and roasted it simply for having lots of turkey to use for traditional turkey left over meals like sandwiches, Turkey ala king, and many other delicious turkey lunch & dinner recipes than you are missing out. The best bet is to just keep your eyes peeled on the supermarket prices and when the price of turkey is reasonable for your store pick one up. You can also always buy more than just one turkey around the holidays when Turkey tends to be priced the best. It is perfectly normal to cook a turkey for Thanksgiving and get an extra to make a week later just to enjoy great tasting home cooked turkey.
Other Leftover Options
Turkey can be used for so many different dishes. The following are a few of my other favorite things to do with a extra meat from a big turkey feast.
- Lettuce Wraps with Avocado. Instead of making the traditional sandwich create a healthy alternative with a couple of leaves of Boston (butter) lettuce and several slices of avocado. There is no need to add any mayonnaise just a little salt and pepper to taste and a slice of tomato if you like.
- Serve on top of a salad. Use for a Caesar salad. Another delicious option is to add some hot wing sauce to the turkey, add to a salad with blue cheese crumble and have a flavorful and spicy salad.
- Make a cheesy quesadilla with leftover chunks of turkey with a little cheese and salsa.