Simple recipe for a Tempting Tiramisu
Tiramisu is an exotic delicacy common in with the people of Italy. The name tiramisu which means pick me up is an Italian name.
This is how to prepare tiramisu.
Things that you will need.
· 6 eggs, they should be separated.
· 150g dark chocolate. Finely grated.
· 190ml castor sugar.
· 250ml very strong iced coffee.
· 45ml brandy.
· 250g mascarpone cheese.
· 50 small finger biscuits.
Steps to making tiramisu.
1. The first step is to beat the egg yolks and sugar till the sugar has dissolved. The mixture should be fluffy and light and leaves a ribbon like trail when dropped from the whisk.
2. Add mascarpone and beat till the mixture is smooth.
3. The third step is whisking the egg whites in a clean and dry bowl until soft peaks form. Fold this into the mascarpone mixture.
4. Put the coffee in a dish and add brandy to it.
5. Dip the finger biscuits into the coffee mixture, use enough to cover the base of a 25cm square serving dish. The biscuits should be well soaked on both sides but should not be soggy so as to avoid breaking.
6. Arrange the biscuits in a tightly packed layer o the base of the dish to be used.
7. Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the arranged biscuits. Add another layer of biscuits soaked in coffee mixture then add the other half of the mascarpone layer on top of it. Gently smoothen the top layer neatly.
8. Place it in the fridge overnight. When serving dust with grated chocolate.