Skillet Tacos - A One Dish Meal
The Taste of Tacos in One Skillet
This is a delicious one dish meal. The recipe I am giving is the basic recipe but you can add all your favorite taco topping on top or serve it with a Mexican salad (like fajitas) with guacamole, pico de gallo, sour cream, and lettuce. Would also be good served with corn or a side of black beans. This meal is simple to cook and requires only a few ingredients. It takes less than 30 minutes to cook and is a meal your whole family can enjoy.
Skillet Tacos - Yummy!
- 8 flour tortillas, taco size (6 inch)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 10 oz can tomato soup
- 1 16 oz jar picante sauce
- 1 cup mexican blend cheese, shreds
- 1/2 cup water
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper, course ground
- Brown ground beef and onions together in a large skillet. Drain the excess grease off when all meat is done.
- Add tomato soup, picante sauce, water, salt, and pepper and mix well. Heat until the mixture boils.
- Cut tortillas up into 1 inch pieces. Put the tortilla pieces into the boiling mixture.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 20 minutes covered. Stir occassionally.
- Top the skillet tacos with cheese shreds. Replace the lid and let melt for about 3 to 5 minutes until melty and bubbly. Serve with a dollup of sour cream and a few chives.
- Also consider adding: black olives, lettuce, tomato, or other popular taco toppings. Enjoy!