- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Chocolate Desserts
Skylander Birthday Cake
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 1 hour
Ready in: 3 hours
Yields: Makes 2 Cakes
- 3 Boxed Cake Mixes, 2 Vanilla, 1 Chocolate
- 3 Cans Frosting, 2 Vanilla, 1 Chocolate
- Coloured Sugar, Yellow, Green, Blue, A Sprinkle of Each
- Chocolate Coins, Fish Shaped Candies, Candy Bracelets,
- 1 Skore Bar, Unbroken
- 2 long wooden skewers, and 2 pieces of paper for the sails
- Food Colouring, Blue, Yellow,
- Mix together vanilla cake mixes, pour into a 12x14 rectangular baking pan. Bake according to boxed directions. Bake chocolate cake in a deep loaf pan according to box instructions.
- Place the cooled vanilla cake on a cookie sheet covered in tinfoil, cover the whole cake with a very thin layer of vanilla frosting. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to harden icing.
- Place cooled chocolate cake on cutting board and cut off the 4 corners, forming almost a diamond shape, from a birds eye view.
- Mix 1 can vanilla frosting with blue food colouring, and half of the other with yellow food colouring.
- Remove vanilla cake from fridge, cover evenly with blue frosting, fish candies & blue sugar, EXCEPT for a small corner, where u will cover with yellow frosting, and yellow sugar, refrigerate for 15-20 minutes until frosting hardens a little.
- Place the chocolate boat shape on one end of the vanilla cake, place 2 of the corners you cut on either end of the boat. ( corners up) Cover chocolate cake with chocolate icing.
- Outline boat with small tube of yellow icing, add any other decorations you have. Add paper sails.
(With the 2 remaining corners of the chocolate cake, I put a small treasure chest filled with stuff on the island)
- Open Skylanders and place them throughout the cake.
More Kids Treats
- Kids Treats on Pinterest
Explore Amanda Bennett's hand-picked collection of Pins about Kids Treats on Pinterest. See more about ham recipes, green eggs and ladybug cupcakes.
Make Cake Decorating Easier!