Slow Cooker Chicken with Spinach and Feta Recipe
This is a dish I threw together this week. I am generally a make-it-up-as-I-go-along cook, so try to make dishes with what ever I have in the house, usually it works! This is one of the times when it really, really worked. This dish turned out so yummy and it is super healthy really.
I love my slow cooker so much and it is always my go to item when I need to make a meal, but don't have much time! I always find that meat cooks so well in a slow cooker, so it was literally falling apart when I served the dish.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 8 hours
- Ready in: 8 hours 10 min
- Yields: 2-4 people
Rate this Recipe
- 3-4 Chicken breast portions, diced
- 10 small Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 Tin Tomatoes
- 1 tin Baked Beans
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 5 balls frozen spiach
- 1/2 pot Apetina Feta (Herb and garlic works best)
- 1 stock cube
- Mixed Herbs
- 75g Wild Rice, Per Person
- Worcester Sauce
- Add the diced chicken, potatoes, pepper, beans and tomatoes to the slow cooker and put on a low heat
- Make up 1 stock cube with 150ml water, add a few dashes or Worcester Sauce and a sprinkle of mixed herbs, then add to the slow cooker and stir well. Replace the lid and leave to cook for 6-8 hours
- Half hour before you want to serve, add the balls of frozen spinach and cubes of feta. After 15 minutes stir the dish to make sure the spinach balls have broken up.
- Whilst the dish is finishing up, cook the wild rice as per instructions (usually 15-18 minutes)
- When everything is cooked serve it all up and enjoy!