- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Easy Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Thighs Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
I love it when a recipe accidentally creates itself! This delicious recipe came about when I was following a recipe that called for chicken thighs and other ingredients that I was to add later--a noodle and vegetable mix, cheese, and more. The combination sounded really good, so I planned to try it.
Well, I got busy with other things and forgot about adding the ingredients from the recipe when I was supposed to after so much time. Instead, I left the chicken to cook in the Crock Pot slower cooker on its own. When I remembered to check on the chicken, it looked incredible, and I couldn't resist taking a bite. Oh, it was so tender and tasty that I just had to eat a whole piece of it. I decided to forget the rest of the recipe and just eat the chicken thighs as they were.with the initial spices I had added. Oh, were they delicious!
Since then, I have made the recipe again, adding in some spices different from the recipe that inspired this one. I'm still going to try that recipe, but I'm also happy with this simple little recipe that came to be. My accidental recipe is oh so delicious!
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 3 hours
- Ready in: 3 hours 10 min
- Yields: 6 people one piece of chicken
Ingredients for Easy Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Thighs
- 6 pieces chicken thighs, skinless (boneless, too, if desired)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Italian Seasoning, sprinkled liberally
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place thawed chicken thighs in crock pot. (Remove skins.) Sprinkle each one with salt and pepper. (You may start with frozen chicken thighs; just add another hour for cooking time.)
- Sprinkle liberally with Italian Seasoning to where the chicken is almost covered. See photo.
- Add minced garlic, making sure some is on top of each piece of chicken.
- Cook in slow cooker on high for two hours. After two hours, stir up mixture. Add chopped green onions on top.
- Continue cooking for one more hour, either at high or low speed, depending on how fast your slow cooker cooks. If chicken thighs appear to be cooked through after two hours, you may opt to turn the heat to low for the last hour.
Chicken Thighs in the Slow CookerClick thumbnail to view full-size
Slow Cooker (Skinless) Chicken Thighs (note 60 mg sodium)
|Serving size: 1 chicken thigh|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 2 g|
|Carbohydrates 0 g|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 14 g||28%|
|Cholesterol 57 mg||19%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Rate this recipe!
What to Serve Chicken Thighs With:
- white or brown rice
- egg noodles (or other noodles)
- wrapped in a flour tortilla
- beans on the side
- other ideas?
An Easy Recipe with which to Experiment!
This slower cooker chicken thighs recipe would definitely be a difficult recipe to mess up! It has come out delicious more than once. The second time I made this dish, I left the chicken in the slow cooker on high for longer than I had intended. The chicken still tasted great, as it just fell apart. There's nothing wrong with that. I just scooped up the succulent, tender chicken, along with its natural juices and put it over some brown rice. It was delicious.
If you want individual pieces of chicken for everyone, make sure you don't cook the chicken much over two hours. However, if you do cook it for a while, it will make a great topping for rice or potatoes.
I'm hooked on this accidental recipe and will be making it over and over, I'll probably substitute chicken breasts sometime, something you can also do if you prefer white meat. I will also, I'm certain, be experimenting with different spices, as I love to do.