- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Best Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
The Best Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe For Your Crock Pot
I'm going to share with you, my families ultimate favorite recipe. It can be difficult to get my husband to come and eat at the table but this will do it. I found this recipe in a book but switched it up and made it a bit better. This is a very easy slow cooker pot roast recipe. Here's what you'll need...
1. Beef Pot Roast (or beef roast). about 3 pounds. (I cut it into small squares to help it cook faster and more evenly. I also take off most of the fat I can see but leave a little which adds to the taste with the sauce)
2. 1/2 teaspoon salt (around that amount, doesn't have to be exact)
3. 1/2 teaspoon pepper (around that amount, doesn't have to be exact)
4. 1 cup ketchup
5. 1 cup water
6. 1/4 cup beef broth
7. 1 envelope brown gravy mix (I use McCormick)
8. 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (we use honey Dijon)
9. 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (I just do 3 or 4 quick shakes of the bottle)
10. 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder ( Hey I'm Italian! I like garlic...make it a spoonful of diced garlic instead...they sell some anywhere but it's best to get from costco)
11. 3 tablespoons cornstarch
12. 1/4 cup cold water
Put the pot roast pieces in the slow cooker (best with a 5-qt one). Sprinkle ingredient #2 and 3 on top of the roast pieces. Combine ingredients 4 through 10 in a separate bowl and then pour on top of the roast. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low. (it will normally take about 6 to 8 hrs depending on the size of the pieces that you cut).
When the beef pot roast is tender and looking good, combine the ingredients 11 and 12 and then add it to the pot roast and sauce. Cover the crock pot and cook on high for about 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened up into more of a gravy. Then it's ready to go. I serve it with some yummy mashed potatoes and some corn or green beans.
Hope you all enjoy your pot roast!
Looking for other recipes? Try these out:
Four Cheese Chicken Fettuccine- casserole, If you like fettuccine Alfredo, you'll love this.
Homemade Lasagna- Lasagna even kids would love