- Food and Cooking
Smoothie Mixer: Commercial Smoothie Blender Online
With summers on, what could be a better way to chill out, than having a cool, refreshing smoothie by a beach side or pool side, while sitting on your favorite pool lounge chair? How much are you willing to pay for your favorite smoothies all summer? And, with the budget and other demands rising every day, how many times could we even think of trying the plethora of new flavors available today, for the sake of fun?
A smoothie maker is a perfect investment especially in summers, when you want to have something icy cold and healthy at the same time. Today there are around thousands of amazing and mouth watering smoothie recipes of all kinds, calories and other stuffs available, just one click away on internet. Won’t it be more economical to try most of these recipes, while staying at the comfort of your home, have fun trying and making them, sharing your smoothie creations with your family, kids, friends and neighbors? If your answer is yes, then buying a smoothie maker can be a good option for you this summer.
What is a smoothie maker and why can’t I use my home blender to make my smoothies?
Problems with the traditional blenders
The "dead zone" in the center of the blender: It often made the whole blending process quite difficult. People have to use a spoon or some other accessory to stir the contents in order to get them out of this dead zone,for the thorough mixing. This takes added time, more mess and frustration. The modern trendy smoothie makers have been made to eliminate this problem.
A smoothie maker is a step ahead of your traditional blender. The main difference between the both is that smoothie maker is built and customized to make iced drinks and shakes; hence its motor is powerful enough to break and crush the ice more easily. The efficiency with which it mixes the ingredients and assists you in pouring the smoothies into your glasses is also more advanced.
Elite Smoothie Maker
I want to buy a smoothie maker, what should I do?
If you are planning to buy a smoothie maker, there are certain things you might like to consider:
1) Is your investment on smoothie maker worthwhile?: Decide on the usage of the smoothie maker. How many people can you think of, who would like to have smoothies with you? This will help you decide the size and range of the smoothie maker you’d like to buy (or not!). If you are living in a joint family or have a huge group of friends, or you often hold get-togethers at your home, then the large sized smoothie makers are perfect for you, else you can go for the small and medium sized ones.
2) Ease of usage: Try to see your comfort level, and choose the design accordingly. You don’t want to spend too many hours cleaning the smoothie maker. After all, we want the smoothie maker to ease up our jobs and have fun with. Check the designs and go for the one, you find most suitable for your needs. It is best to avoid smoothie makers that come with difficult crevices to clean out. Smooth sides make for easier cleaning as does parts that can be taken out and placed in your dishwasher or washed with soapy water and rinsed in your sink.
3) Check the Brand: Check the reviews and features of the smoothie maker you are planning to go with, and compare the prices to choose the best one for you. You can find plenty of reviews online, but I’d suggest you to go with the trusted sites. The best is Amazon. When you browse through the products, you can find plenty of customer reviews and ratings below the product, which can help you to decide about your product’s choice. There are plenty of cheap smoothie makers too, which provide excellent facilities and work well as commercial smoothie blender.
Sunbeam smoothie maker
Tips on effectively using your smoothie maker
1) Place the liquids into the blender first, so that they lie at the bottom and then add the solid ingredients.
2) It is better to add the crushed ice to the smoothie maker (instead of adding huge cubes). This will preserve the blades of your smoothie maker and prolong its life more.
3) Never blend dry ingredients like nuts and spices only. Smoothie maker is not meant for dry blending. Always make sure to add liquid like milk, yogurt, ice etc.
4) Never run the blender, when it is empty. This might damage the motor.
5) Don't use smoothie maker jar as a storage device. Clean it off properly, immediately when not in use.This will ensure a longer life for your blender
6) Never overfill the blender and always ascertain that the lid is securely closed before turning the blender on.
7) Try to run the smoothie maker for a stretch of, not more than 60 seconds at a time. Let it cool down for a minute or two before using it again.
8) Always read the instruction manual carefully before using the device.
Buying a smoothie maker will enable you the luxury of having a wonderful fruit drink at the comfort of your home. You need not go out in sweltering heat to get a smoothie for yourself. The price for a smoothie maker can range from $30 and $200 with the average being somewhere around $60. You can check out the various types of smoothie makers below and on the right side of this article.
Simple Smoothie recipes and Tips
- Simple Smoothie recipes and Tips
Smoothies are easy to make. You can use any fruit, which is available to you, and add a little milk, some yogurt and some ice cubes. You can also put additional flavors like sugar or vanilla, depending on your choice.