S'mores + Popcorn = Don't Talk to Me; I'm Stuffing My Face With S'mores Popcorn!
I recently bought a box of cocoa mix with "extra marshmallows." I thought I'd been ripped off because there were no marshmallows at all in the cocoa packets. I felt like such an idiot last week when I pulled out a packet of mix only to find it was labeled "just marshmallows." Since I have an appreciation for all things sugar, it's hard to throw out packets of tiny marshmallows. Instead, I chose to add them to my other favorites (popcorn and chocolate) to make S'mores Popcorn!
Make it, then rate it
- 3 cups popcorn, popped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocholate chips
- 1 graham cracker
- 1 packet cocoa mix marshmallows, (marshmallow pack only)
- 1 plastic sandwich bag
- 1 sheet wax paper
Did you know you can buy a jar of mini marshmallows without having to buy the hot cocoa packs? It's true! The jarred marshmallows are the same size as those packed in boxes of cocoa.
Prefer a fluffier marshmallow? Use a bag of miniatures for your s'mores popcorn. Make it chunkier by breaking pieces of graham crackers instead of crumbing them into powder. You may have to increase your chocolate to make the larger pieces stick together. (But there's never such a thing as too much chocolate, right?)
- Spread popcorn out on sheet of waxed paper.
- Crush the graham cracker inside the sandwich bag to make crumbs.
- In a microwave-safe cup or bowl, melt the chocolate chips.
- Drizzle up to half a cup of melted chocolate over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the melted chocolate.
- Melt chocolate again if necessary, then pour up to half cup over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over the melted chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to set before eating. Store in airtight container in a cool place.