- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Healthy Foods
Snow Day Scramble - Healthy and Delicious!
Colorful and Delicious
Let Us Know What You Thought!
Seasonings are Your Friends!
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1/2 large White Onion, Chopped
- 3 large Eggs, White and Yolk
- 4 large Egg Whites, Whites only
- 3 bun length links Chicken Sausage, Sweet Italian or other flavor you like
- 3 tsp Mrs Dash, any variety
- 3 tsp Sea Salt, to taste
- 2 tsp Basil, fresh or dried - chopped
- 1 tsp Pepper, red and black flake or black
- 1 Med Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese, Low fat - cheddar blend
- 2 tbsp Butter, for pan - to saute everything
Chicken Sausage - Love This Brand!
And Here We Go :
- Find a 10 inch skillet and put it on the stove (no heat) with two tbsp of butter. It can wait like that until we're ready to cook.
- Chop your onions and peppers into nice bite size pieces. Put them in a bowl. Wipe the board and then chop your tomato. Put that in another little bowl.
- Slice your sausages into circles and then cut the circles in half so they heat more quickly. You should only be using fully cooked chicken or turkey sausage for this - do NOT use raw sausage.
- You will want to prepare your eggs in a bowl now. First put in the whole eggs. Next separate the eggs you will use for the egg whites. Discard those yokes and put the egg whites in with the whole eggs in one bowl.
- Add all of your seasonings to the egg mixture and whisk it all together until it is nice and blended together.
- Turn on the burner under your skillet to Medium High.
- As the butter starts to melt, add the peppers and onions and saute until it smells good and they start to soften.
- Add your sausage and saute with the peppers and onions to add flavor and heat the sausage.
- Pour the egg and seasoning mixture into the skillet and begin scrambling the eggs along with the other ingredients. Scramble and flip the mixture frequently to be sure the egg is cooked. At the last minute toss in the tomatoes and gently mix just to warm the tomatoes.
- Add a touch more salt and Mrs. Dash. Stir again.
- Split into 4 equal servings and plate. Sprinkle a little cheese on each portion to make it look pretty.
Nothing is Prettier Than Sauted Veggies.
Healthy Goodness on a Plate
|Serving size: 1/4 of Total Amount|
|Calories from Fat||126|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 14 g||22%|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40%|
|Unsaturated fat 6 g|
|Protein 6 g||12%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2014 Karen Quinn