- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Chicken Bouillon Soup
It is important to have soup in your diet on a regular basis. You don't have to eat it every single day but eating it at least a few times a week is a good idea.
I love eating soup. One of my favorite soups to eat is chicken bouillon soup. It is very delicious and healthy too. It is even great to eat when you are sick, have the flu, or have a tummy ache. Below you will find a recipe for this tasty soup.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 celery stalks
- sea salt
- dried basil
- few tablespoons corn
- Place a whole chicken into a bowl and wash under running water. Then plate into a large pot, fill with water to the top, add a desired amount of sea salt, some peppercorns, and place on the stove over medium heat.
- While the pot is cooking peel an onion and cut into four pieces. Wash and peel a medium carrot and cut in half. Then wash two celery stalks and cut in half.
- When the pot starts to boil add all the vegetables inside, cover with a lid (making sure there is a small opening) and let cook for about two hours. Make sure the heat is not too high.
- Once the two hours have passed turn off the heat, cover the pot completely with the lid and let sit for a little bit. Then take a large soup bowl and pour a desired amount of bouillon into it. Next remove a piece of carrot and celery from the pot, cut into slices, and place into the soup bowl. Then cut a big piece off of the chicken that's in the pot, cut into small slices and add to the soup bowl. Sprinkle with dried basil and add a few tablespoons of corn (or more if you'd like). It can be corn from a can or boiled corn. I prefer boiled one. Mix everything together and you are ready to enjoy some delicious soup.
Below are pictures from the chicken bouillon recipe...
You can also enjoy chicken bouillon soup by itself with just carrots and roasted sesame seeds. It tastes delicious and toast or crackers will go great with it.
© 2012 Lena Kovadlo