Soup for Healthy Skin and Immune system
Rate this recipe
Try out this high fibre nutritious soup to help warm your bones, strengthen your immune system as well as to promote healthy youthful skin and keeps us regular at the same time.
- 1 tupperware or 500g Soft Tofu (Soy Beancurd) free from G.M.O, Good source of Phytoestrogens and a complete protein source
- 200g Frozen Spinach, Good source of Folate
- 2-4 tbsp Miso paste, Good for the skin
- 3-6 tsp Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1-2 sticks Codonopsis Pilosulae, Helps with immune system and acts as an adaptogen
- 50 grams Black Fungus/Ear Mushroom, Helps with maintaining healthy cholesterol levels
- 1 Brown onion (chopped into small cubes)
- 7-10 rotations of the pepper miller Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2-3 tsp Paprika
- A Quarter to Half a cup Seaweed strips or ribbons, Good source of Iodine
- 50-100g Beef or Chicken strips, Optional
- 1 stalk Spring Onion, For Garnishing
- Cut the Soy Beancurd into bite sized cubes
- Saute the minced garlic and chopped onions in the sesame oil.
- Add water to pot and frozen spinach and miso paste. Add the other ingredients and the beancurd last. Heat until boiled. Serve warm.
- Garnish with thinly sliced spring onions