Beef Soup Recipe: Southern Cuisine
Delicious Recipes - From the South
Searching for a good beef soup recipe? The South is famous for its delicious recipes. You're probably thinking that every region of the country has its own delicious recipes, right? Okay, I'll agree with that point, but there's something very special about southern food. Maybe I'm biased since I was born and reared in the Deep South, but southern cooks really do seem to put a lot of love and effort into their cooking. Most of us enjoy feeding people, from strangers to friends to family members. Personally, some of the best compliments I can get involve my cooking skills. I pride myself on creating and preparing delious recipes that appeal to the eye, the taste buds, the nose, and to the tummy. The one I'm sharing with you here is for homemade soup, a beef soup recipe.
Easy Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe
If you want to make this a really easy vegetable beef soup recipe, use leftover hamburgers or leftover meatloaf. Then you won't have to worry about cooking the ground beef. You can always cook the diced onions in the microwave in just a minute or so. Leftover roast beef is good in a beef soup recipe, too, and I've used leftover steak at times.
Another way to make this an easy vegetable beef soup recipe is to use canned corn and canned okra instead of frozen. To be perfectly honest, the soup won't be quite as tasty, but it will be much quicker to make than it would be to use fresh or frozen vegetables. Homemade soup is a wonderful way to put any leftover veggies to good use, too.
Beef Soup Recipe - Ingredients Suggestions
Vegetables and Starches
Herbs and Spices
whole kernel corn
cream of mushroom soup
cream of onion soup
cream of celery soup
golden mushroom soup
chopped bell peppers
Dale's liquid seasoning
pureed summer squash
Homemade Soup Recipes
I love homemade soup recipes! After the long, hot Southern summer, I usually can't wait until we get our first chilly night so that I can make a big pot of soup. For those of us in South Gerogia, this doesn't usually occur until early November. When the chill does finally arrive, we break out our homemade soup recipes and dust them off.
This soup is very tasty and hearty. It's a great way to use any leftovers you might have in the freezer or fridge. Johnny likes it with cornbread. He likes to crumble the cornbread into the soup and finish it off with a big glass of cold milk. I'm linking my article about how to make good ol' Southern cornbread, which is part of my article about how to make good ol' Southern cornbread dressing!
Rate my recipe! Thanks!
- 1-2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of onion soup
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 can Chef Boyardee beefaroni or spaghetti
- 1 cup niblet corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup sliced okra, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar or Splenda
- black pepper, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- water, as needed
- Brown the ground beef and onions and drain it in a colander. I rinse mine with HOT water to remove as much fat as possible.
- Rinse out the soup pot and add two cups of water. Return the beef and onions to the pot and heat on medium.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and more water, as needed. Stir well. Cover and simmer for an hour or longer, stirring occasionally.
- Leftovers are great in this soup! I've used steak, baked potatoes, squash, hamburgers, rice, and spaghetti. Just dice or chop whatever you're adding to your beef soup recipe!
Read more about Southern cooking:
- How to Make Real Old-Fashioned Southern Cornbread Dressing: Step by Step
This is an old recipe for real Southern cornbread dressing the kind my mother and grandmother always made at Thanksgiving and Christmas. If youre searching for a low-calorie or low-fat recipe, THIS...