- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Spiced Duck with Apples, Roast Potatoes and cabbage
Spiced Duck with apples, roast potatoes and cabbage
This lovely meal is a complete meal for 4 that can all be done in one roasting tin. I personally love duck, it is one of my favourite meats
YOU WILL NEED:
* 12-16 small potatoes
* 1 tbsp of oil
* Freshly milled salt and pepper
* 1/2 of a small cabbage
* 2 crisp eating apples, preferably with red skins
* 2 tsp of five spice powder
* 4 duck legs
* 300 ml/ 1/2 pint of chicken or vegetable stock
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C, Fan 165 degrees C, Gas mark 4
2) Peel or scrape the potatoes, leaving them whole. In a bowl or food (freezer) bag, toss them in the oil until coated, adding a little seasoning.
3) Remove the stalk from the cabbage and cut into four wedges. Quarter the apples, remove the cores and cut each quarter into two wedges. Sprinkle the five-spice powder evenly over the duck legs.
4) In a medium roasting tin, arrange cabbage wedges close together at the centre. Scatter the apple on and around the cabbage and sit the duck legs on top, skin side up. Arrange the oiled potatoes around the edges and pour the stock into the tin.
5) Put into the hot oven and cook for 1 3/4 - 2 hours until the duck is very tender and the cabbage is cooked through, the apples are soft and the potatoes are crisp and golden.
6) Serve and enjoy