Vietnamese Spicy Cabbage And Chicken Salad (Goi Bap Cai Ga)
Shredded cabbage and chicken drizzled with spicy Vietnamese dressing. Goi Bap Cai Ga or spicy cabbage and chicken salad is easy to make. You can use either white cabbage or red cabbage. They are low in fat and high in fiber. Cabbage is prized for medicinal properties such as anti-inflammatory and high in vitamin C.
If you like coleslaw, you may like to try Goi Bap Cai Ga. Fixing this cabbage salad will just need less than 30 minutes from start to finish. It's fresh, low in fat and low in sodium. It's fun and easy to make salad. It's exotic, delicious, spicy and colorful salad to enjoy. It's very inexpensive and taste better than regular cabbage salads.
Here is how to fix Vietnamese cabbage and chicken salad. What you need are cabbage, carrot, vinegar and cooked chicken. It can be any cooked chicken such as grilled, boiled, steamed, poached or fried. Even you can use any leftover cooked chicken !.
What You Need
Serves 4 - 6
1 lbs cabbage, thinly sliced
1 carrot, finely shredded
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
3/4 cup white vinegar
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
roasted peanuts (garnish)
8 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sugar
2 Thai red hot chili, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp fish sauce
How to Fix
- To make dressing, in a bowl combine rice vinegar, sugar, hot chili, garlic, salt, and fish sauce. Stir to mix.
- Combine sliced onion and vinegar . Let it rest for about 15 minutes. Then drain well.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, cabbage and carrot, coriander and onion.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Stir to mix. Taste and adjust the salt, sugar or fish sauce to your liking. The salad should be sour, salty, spicy, and sweet.
- Transfer the salad to a serving salad. Garnish with roasted peanuts.
More Vietnamese Recipes
- How to Make Easy and Spicy Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken (Ga Xao Xa Ot)
An easy stir-fry chicken dish from Vietnam.
- Easy Vietnamese Crab Rice Noodle Soup Recipe (Bun Rieu Cua)
How to prepare bun rieu cua, a traditional Vietnamese crab rice noodle soup.
- Vietnamese Grilled Lime Chicken (Ga Nuong Chanh) Recipe. How To Make Grilled Chicken On Skewers!
How to make exotic fragrant grilled chicken.
- Vietnamese Sticky Rice With Mung Beans And Hominy Recipe (Xoi Bap)
- Low-Fat Vietnamese Braised Fish In Caramel Sauce Recipe (Ca Kho To)
- Vietnamese Baked Cassava Cake Recipe (Banh Khoai Mi)