Spicy Chicken Wings; Great Super Bowl Recipe Appetizers
Super Bowl Recipes
Of all the super bowl recipes I have tried this is my favorite. It tends to be a great hit with most people too. This spicy chicken wings appetizer is not only easy to make but is also inexpensive. Can be served with a side of Tabasco, blue cheese, or ranch dressing.
You will need: chef's knife, citrus juicer, grater, large plastic bag or mixing bowl, large roasting pan, rack, cutting board
Preparation time is 20 minutes, however, 2 hours are required for chilling before roasting.
Rate This Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated/peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt or black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- dash tabasco cauce, (optional)
- Remove the tips of the chicken wings by laying the wing on the cutting board. Wit a heavy knife, locate the joint between the bony tip and the main part of the wing. Cut down firmly. discard wing tips or freeze for later use in chicken broth. Rinse the chicken wings under cool water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, oregano, paprika, ginger, salt, black pepper,chili powder, and cayenne pepper in a large, resealable plastic bag (or mixing bowl), shaking (or stirring)well to blend. Add the chicken wings; toss well to coat. Seal the bag (or cover bowl) and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer on a rack in a large roasting pan; roast in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until sizzling, crispy, and browned. Turn them once after 20-25 minutes. If you want them spicier, serve the wings with Tabasco sauce on the side.
Hot chili powder is hot. I suggest you add the powder incrementally, stir well, and stand back.
More Spicy Recipes
- Posole recipe
Posole recipes are some of the most fun Mexican recipes to work with. This posole recipe is an authentic Mexican recipe that contains black beans and cayenne, for a spicy red pepper recipe.
Link To All My Hub Pages
- Skarlet at HubPages
I write many Hebpages on various subjects including classic Hollywood and vintage everything. I also hubs on business, investing and various ways of generating income. I have also published books, and numerous articles online. Links to many of my pages can be found at the above address. Sincerely, Skarlet