- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Its being a long time since I am meeting you my friends, in the Hub pages. And this time I have come with a main course. For this you need sea fish like pomfret. And some very simple ingredients. It is a recipe that has the soul of India, and the heart of West Bengal. It can be cooked easily without much effort.
- 4 Pomfret Fish
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Sour Curd/ Fat free Yoghurt
- 1 cup Onion, Paste
- 1/2 cup Ginger- Garlic, Grated
- 1/2 cup Green Chile, Paste
- 2 table spoon Kahmiri Mirch
- According to Taste Sugar and Salt
- 1 table spoon Clove, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Red chile, coriander, cumin, and Indian bay leaf, Roasted and Powdered
- 1/2 cup White Oil
- 1 cup Coconut, grated
Prepare The Spicy Pomfret
- First take the 4 fishes and clean it. Then scratch the body of the fishes with a knife. Now marinate the fishes with lemon juice for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now when your fish is getting marinated you take a bowl and add to it, thick sour curd or yoghurt, onion paste, grated ginger-garlic, green chile paste, kashmiri mirch, salt and sugar, and mix them well.
- Now take the fish and marinate it with the paste that you have made. Make sure that you out the paste inside those scratch parts of the fish, so that it taste good. Now keep that again for 15-20 minutes.
- Now on the gas oven put a frying pan and add 1/2 cup white oil in it. Allow the oil to heat, now very slowly add the fish, that has been previously been marinated with the paste, in it. Now cover the frying pan and allow it to cook. Do not cook it in high flame.
- After onside of the fish is being fried, turn it and let the other side fry in the same way. Wait till the fish turns red. Then took the fish from the frying pan to the serving dish. Garnish it with lemon juice and grated coriander leaves. Serve hot.
- If you want then you can brush a little butter over the marinated Pomfret fish and grill it for 5 minutes. Then check it and see it is cooked or not and then again grill it for another 5 minutes. Then garnish it with Coriander leaves and serve hot.
- If you want you can also add grated coconut in it for garnishing.