- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- Central American Cuisine
Spicy Tomato Salsa Fresca
Whether you are making a Latin feast or just need to prepare a great appetizer for a party, this salsa is sure to disappear fast. This recipe is absolutely delicious, and uses all raw and vegan ingredients so it is suitable for everyone.
This recipe double, triples, quadruples easily and is very adaptable. Want it tangier? Add more lemon or lime. Want it spicier? Throw in a few habaneros.
I hope this is a hit at your next dinner. Please don't forget to rate if you found this helpful!
Need a great entree to go along with this salsa? Check out this recipe for the best tamales you've ever had.
- 3-4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 anaheim pepper, diced
- 3 fresno peppers, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, diced
- 1/4 cup lemon and lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1-2 habaneros (optional), diced
- Dice everything according to the ingredient list. Squeeze your lemon and lime into a measuring cup, careful to remove any seeds.
- Mix everything in a mixing bowl and place in the refrigerator, covered, until it is time to serve.