Spicy and tangy brinjals
- 8-10 Small brinjals
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp onion-chilli paste
- Asafoetida, a pinch
- 1 tsp fennel (saunf)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried raw mango powder
- salt, red chilli powder and pepper, to taste
- Wash and slit the brinjals. In a microwave-safe dish, add 1 tbsp oil and dry spices and microwave covered for 1 minute at 100% power. Keep aside.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, now add onion-chilli paste, ginger-garlic paste and tomato puree and mix well. Microwave covered for 2 min. at 100% power.
- Fill this mixture into the slit brinjals.
- Apply a little oil over the brinjals. Microwave covered for 5-6 min. at 100% power, turning them in between.
- Lastly add tamarind paste and mix well. Microwave covered for 2 minutes at 100% power. Serve hot!