Steamed Cod with Scallions and Lime Juice, Green Beans with Almonds
I never was a person who enjoyed eating fish. Oh, I loved Lobster, Shrimp, and Scallops and I did like an occasional fish fry featuring breaded cod and I tried Tilapia a few times. In a recent effort to expand my horizons I tried Steamed Cod. It was tender, juicy and delicious! Along with Green Beans with Almonds and a side of Couscous it was a tasty and healthy meal that I really enjoyed. I even had the leftovers for dinner! I may be on a roll!
- Two 3/4-1 inch thick Cod Fillets
- 2-3 Scallions sliced
- Lime Juice or 1 Lime, thinly sliced
- Margarine or Butter
- Garlic Powder
- Dill Weed to taste
- Black Pepper 1/4 tsp.
Prepare the Cod
- Place the Cod Fillets in Aluminum Foil with edges folded to hold liquid ingredients.
- Sprinkle with Garlic Powder, Dill and Black Pepper to taste.
- Place 2-3 dabs of Margarine or Butter along the length of the fish.
- Squirt on Lime Juice or place thin slices of Lime on top of the Cod Fillets.
- Add 1/3-1/2 cup of water and fold edges of Aluminum foil together.
- Place the foil packet in the basket of a Vegetable Steamer or Turbo Cooker and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yum!
You may substitute the Lime Juice/Slices with Lemon Juice.
Green Beans with Almonds
What you will need:
- Green Beans, cleaned and trimmed
- Slivered Almonds
- Lemon Juice
- Butter or Margarine
- Place Green Beans in the top of a double boiler and steam about 10 minutes until crisp tender.
- Remove green beans from top of double boiler and drain water from the pot.
- Melt Margarine or butter in the pot on medium low heat.
- Add slivered Almonds and sauté until slightly browned.
- Add Lemon Juice and cooked Green Beans. Stir to mix well. Serve and enjoy!