- Food and Cooking
Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
If you love to cook home made food and also love to entertain then I suspect you'll have all the ingredients to make this delicious cheesecake. I've never made cheesecake before (and to be honest I'm not that great a cook) but it actually came out pretty good and there weren't any leftovers.
The great thing about his recipe is that you don't have to use strawberries, you can use any fruit you want. For example you could have raspberries, blackberries, orange, apple etc. The list is endless and you can easily top it with anything that you or your guests fancy.
Cheesecake Lover or Not
Do you like cheesecake
- 100g/4oz semi-sweet wheatmeal biscuit (cookies), crushed
- 50g/2oz/1/4 cup low-fat soft, melted
- 225g/8oz/1 cup very low-fat soft cheese
- 250ml/8fl oz/1 cup very low-fat creme fraiche
- 45ml/3 tbsp reduced-sugar strawberry jam (conserve)
- 15ml/1 tbsp powdered gelatine
- 45ml/3 tbsp water
- Artificial sweetener
- 100g/4 oz fresh strawberries
- Mix the biscuit crumbs with the low-fat spread and press into the base of a 20 cm/8 in flan tin (a pie tin will also do). Chill for approx 2 hours until firm
- Beat the cheese with the creme fraiche and the jam.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and leave to soften for a few minutes.
- Stand the bowl in a pan of hot water and stir until dissolved, or heat in the microwave.
- Stir into the cheese mixture and sweeten to taste, if necessary.
- Turn into the flan dish and chill until firm.
- Decorate the top with strawberries and serve.
|Serving size: 1/6|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
To make the cheesecake all I needed was the following:
- Mixing bowl
- Flan tin
- Fruit knife
If you don't have these already you can find them just below so that you can add them to your kitchen and make delicious strawberry cheesecake over and over again.
If you liked this recipe then you can find more of my Hubs on my Collection of Quick and Easy Recipes. Alongside other dessert recipes you can find curries, soups, meat dishes, vegetarian dishes, side orders and lots more.