- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Homemade Cafe Flavor
Flavored lattes are an indulgence that's sure to get your morning off to a great start. But why spend the time and money at a fancy cafe when you can get a similar great flavor from home? If you have an espresso machine you can make a proper latte but use strawberry flavored milk instead of plain. If you don't have a fancy espresso machine, you can make a similar beverage using coffee. Using low cost ingredients you may already have in your cupboards you can create a sweet strawberry flavored coffee treat that is fun and delicious. All the ingredients can be customized to your taste and it's ready in minutes.
- 2/3 mug hot coffee / espresso, (unflavored/ instant or brewed)
- 1/3 mug milk, (milk substitutes work as well)
- 2 spoonfuls Strawberry Nesquick powder, (other flavors are tasty too!)
- 1 spoonful sugar
- Prepare coffee or espresso and fill mug 2/3 of the way. Add sugar to coffee/espresso if desired.
- Add strawberry flavored powder to milk and mix well. Steam or warm milk (about 15 seconds in microwave).
- Fill mug the remaining 1/3 with flavored milk. Pour slowly to prevent curdling or skins. If a skin does develop on the surface just skim it off with a spoon.
- Enjoy! You can spruce up your flavored coffee with whip cream and a chocolate garnish or keep it simple for an everyday treat. Remember all ingredients can be adjusted to taste including flavoring.