- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
- 1 butternut squash (2 to 2 1/2 lb), peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 350ºF. In 11x7-inch microwavable dish, spread squash cubes. Add water; sprinkle with salt. Cover with plastic wrap, folding back one edge or corner 1/4 inch to vent steam. Microwave on High about 5 minutes or until squash is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients with spoon. Sprinkle evenly over squash.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until streusel is brown.
- Expert Tip: If your microwave has a turntable you can’t turn off, try cooking the squash in batches in a round microwavable dish. Just before topping the squash with streusel, sprinkle a cup of sweetened dried cranberries over the squash.
- Exchanges:0 Starch;0 Fruit;1 Other Carbohydrate;0 Skim Milk;0 Low-Fat Milk;0 Milk;1 Vegetable;0 Very Lean Meat;0 Lean Meat;0 High-Fat Meat;1 Fat;Carbohydrate Ch
|Serving size: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 10 mg||3%|
|Sodium 170 mg||7%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|