- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 20 two to three inch cookies. Serves approximately 20.
- 1/6 + 1/4 + 1/8 cup xylitol
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 cup grain sweetened chocolate chips
- Bring 3/4 cup unsalted butter to room temperature. Preheat oven with rack in middle to 350 degrees. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper. In large mixer bowl with flat beater attachment or whisk, cream together the xylitol and unsalted butter.
- Beat in the egg. Add vanilla; mixing to combine. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and corn starch.
- Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips to the creamed butter mixture. Using the flat beater attachment or spatula, mix the ingredients until combined. Please note: cookie dough batter will be somewhat crumbly. Scoop dough balls by large cookie dough scoop or 1/3 cup then rounding them by hand, onto prepared cookie sheets spacing about two inches apart and flatten cookie dough ball slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until cookies are firm and golden brown. Remove cookies with a spatula and cool on wire rack. Serving suggestion: serve warm with milk or coffee.
"Cookies are made of butter and love."
|Serving size: 1 cookie|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 23 mg||8%|
|Sodium 62 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2015 Molly Brose