Fresh Tomato Soup Recipes
Some of the Ingredients
Tomato Soup Recipes
There are many tomato soup recipes you can make from scratch. This thick and creamy fresh tomato soup is sure to be a hit with the entire family. Getting all your veggies from this soup is an insurance policy that your family will get their daily requirements. All the veggies go in the blender and soup is ready in minutes. This is my version of Gazpacho with the exception that we really enjoy it when it is steaming hot. However it is very tasty served chilled, especially during the summer.
Ingredients for Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 Cups Low sodium V-8 Juice
- 1 Cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 Cup chopped red peppers
- 1 Cup Chopped celery
- 1 Cup chopped sweet onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Lemon (juice)
- 1 Teaspoon each Oregano, Basil, Salt, Pepper
- Avocado, Sour cream, Optional
Instructions of The Tomato Soup Recipe
- Add V-8 juice to the blender
- Add onions, celery and tomatoes and blend well leaving small pieces of the veggies.
- Add all the seasonings and blend for about 10 seconds.
- Add the remainder of the veggies. olive oil and lemon juice and blend for about 20 seconds. The soup should have small chunks of the veggies.
- Remove from the blender and put in an airtight container and chill for a few hours. Or should you like it hot just warm in the microwave.
Pour the soup into small soup bowls. Top the soup with a dolop of sour cream and chopped avocados. There are so many different ways to make easy tomato soup recipes.
Chilled or Hot Tomato Soup
Variations For The Tomato Soup
- Add one cup of yogurt to the vegetable mixture before blending;
- Add curry and ginger to mixture for a different taste
- Add one cup of chicken broth.
- Add left over beef or chicken...You will want to heat this up.
- Add extra onions and garlic for a stronger tasting soup.