Super Spinach and Crab Egg Rolls!
Tailgating or Veging on the Couch ...
Game day or movie night ... this is a perfect little nosh for any activity that involves a get-together that requires snacks.
- 1 package egg roll or won ton wrappers
- oil for frying
- 8 ounces imitation crab, chopped
- 2 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach, stems removed & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3-4 Tablespoons dry sherry, optional, but it gives a nice flavor
- ½ teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- ½ - 1 teaspoon chili powder, to your taste - I use chili lime powder
- ½ - 1 teaspoon garlic powder, again, to your taste - I love garlic!
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- serve with dipping sauces of choice. Enjoy!
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Add ¼ cup filling to egg roll and roll according to directions. For won ton add about 1 teaspoon filling per wrapper.
- Add one at a time to hot oil. Do not crowd.
- Fry on one side about 3 minutes and flip. Watch carefully as they may cook at a faster rate on the second side.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- You can also bake the egg rolls on a well greased cookie sheet in a 400° oven for 12 minutes, flip and cook another 10 minutes or until golden brown.