- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Super Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
How'd it do?
Note to the Chef
This recipe is really easy to do with your kids. Just remember not to let them eat the raw cookie dough after the eggs have been added. When it's just that delicious combination of butter and sugar, it should be fine. Raw eggs are not healthy for yourself or your young ones!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 extra large or 2 small eggs
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 12 oz (1 pkg) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Let's get the gooey, chocolate-y goodness started!
- Preheat your oven to 350* F. Blend the sugar and the butter together.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda. You can let your little one mix it all up either with the electric mixer with supervision or a whisk. Either way it will leave a very big mess you'll get to clean up together!
- WARNING: After this step, do not eat the cookie dough! Add the vanilla extract. Mix in the eggs one at a time. Then, add the chocolate chips and optional nuts, distributing them evenly. Let that little one steal a couple chocolates or nuts here and there. Mine does.
- Here's the fun part! Let your little one make those balls of yumminess and place them on a buttered cookie pan or a cookie pan lined with parchment paper. Put the batch in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Be sure to rotate the cookie pans if you are using more than one!
- Let them cool and devour them! Have your little one help you clean up while the cookies are in the oven. It's a good way to help him or her learn to clean up after yourself.
© 2014 Grace Peterson