- Food and Cooking»
Super Orange Cocktail for Halloween
Halloween is one of my favorite times of year, where adults can be kids again. You can dress up and be someone else for a night, and be really creative with your gatherings and parties. Every year I try to come up with something new for a punch or a drink. I have found that the simpler drinks are the bigger hits, although the "zombie brain shooter" was a great hit too. So this year I have decided to go with a super tasty cocktail that tastes like summer, but looks like fall.
Orange Cream Cocktail Dressed Up Like A Martini
(hey everyone deserves to get dressed up)
- 1 1/2oz Vanilla Vodka (or shnapps works great too)
- 4oz Orange Juice
- Candy Orange Slice and Black Spider for Garnish; you can also put candy corn on a toothpick to portray the "three olives" in a martini. Just lay the toothpick across the top of the drink, you do not want it to be in the drink.
- Chill martini glass by adding ice and cold water and setting aside.
- In a shaker with a small amount of ice chill your vodka for about 10 seconds.
- Discard water and ice in the martini glass and replace with the chilled vodka strained.
- Add the orange juice to the glass
- Garnish with the Orange Candy Slice and spider.
Tips: like every party these drinks will probably be in high demand, and you don't want to be stuck mixing drinks all night.
Chill the vodka that you will be using before the party, that way you can eliminate chilling the glasses.
Slice a slot in the Orange Candy Slices ahead of time to add to the rim of the glass, just as you would regular garnishes such as lemons and limes.
Make your own Orange Candy Slices by making a simple syrup and coating orange slices with the syrup. Let set until there is a nice glossy finish on the oranges. Make a slice in the oranges for the glass rim and enjoy!