- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Vegetable Main & Side Dish Recipes
Super Simple Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Petite potatoes are best for this recipe because they are so small and round. This makes cutting the potatoes into a wedge form easier, and they do not end up malformed.
- I like to use parchment paper because it makes the potatoes more crispy.
- Fresh rosemary is also preferred because it becomes crunchy and really boosts the flavor quite a bit more than dried rosemary. It is delicious!
Potato Nutritional Benefits
I like to use petite potatoes because I am able to get a variety of different types of potatoes, which means a wider nutrient variety.
Purple potatoes are extremely rich in antioxidants. The purple color is created by anthocyanin, which possesses qualities that help to fight cancer. In addition, this amazing potato is an immune system booster with anti-inflammatory properties.
Red potato skin possesses nutrients that help rid free radicals. Like purple potatoes, red potatoes possess anthocyanin, which also helps with reducing cholesterol.
Potatoes are a heavy source of carbohydrates so keep that in mind when eating potatoes. They should be the high carb source of that meal.
Norek, Danna. (2013) Purple potatoes pack serious antioxidants compared to their white-fleshed counterparts.Natural News. Retrieved from http://www.naturalnews.com/041491_purple_potatoes_antioxidants_nutrition.html
- 6-9 (size varies) Petite Potatoes
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp organic cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, or use toaster oven.
- Slice the potatoes into wedges and remove rosemary leaves from the stem.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper over the pan and spread the sliced and coated potatoes so they are not touching each other.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until you notice the edges beginning to brown and crisp. You can let them cook longer for extra crispy potato wedges. Enjoy!
© 2016 Healthy Habits