- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Super Sunday Stromboli | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Well the Football Season is in high gear with the College Football Grudge Match weekend, and with Bowl Games, NFL Crunch Time Games plus the NFL Playoffs looming, here is a hot sandwich from the Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book that can be set-up before hand and run through the oven at Half Time so the gamers don’t miss a beat. The recipe was given to my Mom from her good friend Caroline Clemen, the sandwiches are some gooooood eatin, so Do Enjoy…. (Go Tech Beat Georgia!!)
1 lb Ground Beef
1 tbsp Onion, finely chopped
½ cup Tomato Sauce
½ Cup Catsup
2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
½ tsp Garlic Powder
¼ tsp Fennel Seeds
1/8 tsp ground Oregano
2 tbsp Butter softened
¼ tsp Garlic Powder
½ tsp Paprika
6 Kaiser Rolls
6 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
Pre Heat Oven to 350 F / 177 C Degrees
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef and onion, stirring frequently to break up the meat.
- Add Tomato Sauce, Catsup, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Powder, Fennel Seeds, and Oregano. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes and set aside
- In a small bowl, blend together the Butter, Garlic Powder and Paprika, set aside as well.
- Split the Kaiser Rolls and spread each with about 1 tsp of the Garlic Butter Mix on the top half of each roll. Divide the meat mix evenly among the bottom halves of the six rolls.
- Top each with a slice of Mozzarella Cheese and close sandwich with the Bun Top. Wrap each Roll in aluminum Foil.
- Put the wrapped sandwiches in the 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted, serve immediately.
Yield 6 Sandwiches
Now if you don’t want to spend the first half of the game putting this together, the wrapped sandwiches will keep overnight in the fridge, just preheat the oven during the second quarter and pop them in at Half Time. During the second half time TV break they should be ready, (20 mins or so it takes a little longer when they are cold).
More from The Cupboard Drawer
- The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book, was first published in September 1988 by my Father Mel Ellis, from recipes that literally were in the cupboard drawer that had been collected over the years by my Mom,...