Homemade Vegan Lasagna: A Simple Recipe
Vegan lasagna is one of the healthiest food dishes ever. It's loaded with fiber and nutrients. Why not choose a different option other than eating meat for a lunch or dinner meal? Treat yourself to a great recipe for maintaining a balance diet.
It takes a lot of will power to stay on a healthy diet. Many people fail in trying to become a vegan. Temptations can sometimes get in the way of doing what's best for our health. We all fall victim to our favorite food cravings especially since it is easily available to us. Fast food chains have never gone out of style. People cling to them for their favorite quick meal: Adapting a new attitude when it comes to food can be very difficult, soldiering your mind and appetite is the first step in your journey to avoid bad food cravings. Being a vegan doesn't have to be hard. There are some tasty vegan dishes that offer a great alternative for all health conscious food addicts.
Today, I will show you a simple vegan lasagna dish that your friends and family will love. Stay healthy and enjoy this meal. Now let's get started cooking.
- 1 block of firm Tofu, 1/2 cup of hummus
- 1/2 a cup of spinach, 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- Marinara sauce, egg free pasta noodles
- Cook pasta noodles with a tablespoon of salt until half cooked. Remove from heat. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix firm tofu, hummus, fresh spinach and nutritional yeast together set aside.
- In a baking dish add marinara sauce to bottom of dish, then pasta and lastly the tofu mixture. Repeat all three steps until baking dish is full. The marinara sauce should be the last topping. If you would like to top with cheese, you can do so but it's best to stick with a complete vegan recipe if you want a super healthy dish. Just place in a preheated 400 degrees oven for 30 minutes until pasta is done. Remove and let lasagna cool off before serving.
Tips for non tofu eaters.
If you do not enjoy the taste of tofu you can always substitute this recipe by removing the tofu, nutritional yeast and hummus and adding field's roast vegan sausage, chopped broccoli and vegan mozzarella cheese to the spinach mixture. Make sure to cook the lasagna thoroughly to ensure that everything is properly done.
Tofu is a great dish but learning how to prepare it can take some time for the inexperienced cook. My easy recipe offers some relief. You can go with either option and still come out with a healthy meal. Whether you're into tofu or not vegan sausage is the best alternative and substitute for non tofu eaters. In addition to this recipe a nice fruit smoothie will add a great finish to this awesome meal. Remember, to always taste your food to ensure that it is ready for consumption.
This concludes my article on a simple vegan lasagna recipe. Feel, free to leave your comments below. As always, I look forward to hearing from you.
puts a smile