Swedish Meat Balls In Dill Cream Sauce
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 35 min
Yields: Servings 4 people
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup soft bread cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 rind of lemon, grated
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb meat loaf mixture, ground
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dill weed, dried
- 1/2 cup cream, heavy
- In large skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until golden.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly with a fork. Add milk, bread cubes, onion, seasonings ( except dill ). blend thoroughly.
- Stir in ground meat. Shape into 1-inch balls. Melt 1 tablespoon remaining butter in skillet and brown meat balls a few at a time adding more butter as needed. Shake pan often to keep round. Remove and keep warm while making sauce.
- To make sauce, drain off all but 2 tablespoons pan drippings. Blend in flour. Gradually add beef brother, Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, mix in dill and cream. Pour sauce into chafing dish. Add meat balls and keep hot over low heat. Serve with food picks. Makes 36 1-inch meat balls and 1 1/2 cups sauce.